Current People in the Lab
Senior research technician and lab manager:
Former Lab Members:
- Dr Monica Arman (2006-2011). Monica is a research fellow working on platelet-pathogen interactions at the University of Birmingham, UK with Prof Steve Watson.
- Dr Clare Fennell (2008-2010). Clare is a baker with the Steamie Bakehouse in Fife, UK.
- Dr Jean-Philippe Semblat (2002-2007). Jean-Philippe is a research scientist in the Centre National de Transfusion Sanguine in Paris, in the Inserm group led by Benoit Gamain, working on cytoadherence in Plasmodium falciparum.
Former PhD students
- Dr Patience Tetteh-Quarco (2007-2011). Patience is a Lecturer in Microbiology at the University of Ghana.
- Dr Antoine Claessens (2006-2010). Antoine is a postdoc at the Sanger Institute, UK, working with Prof Dominic Kwiatkowski on malaria parasite genomics.
- Dr Ruth Corrigan (2005-2009). Ruth is studying medicine at the University of Oxford, UK.
- Dr Helen Kyriacou (2004-2007). Helen is a high school biology teacher in Yorkshire, UK.
- Dr Anne-Marie Deans (2002-2006). Anne-Marie is a consultant in the Biotech industry, working for the Biopharmaceutical company Crucell in Switzerland.
- Dr Ian Cockburn (2000-2004). Ian has recently been appointed Lecturer at the ANU, Canberra, Australia.
Former Research assistants
- Ms Claire Sweenie (2008-2012) (part-time)
- Dr Frances Ibison (2007-2008). Fran has recently completed medical school at the University of Birmingham.
Current collaborators in Edinburgh include:
- Dr Joanne Thompson (IIIR)
- Prof Paul Barlow
- Prof Manfred Auer
Current collaborators outside Edinburgh include:
- Professor Tom Williams (University of Oxford and KEMRI-Wellcome Laboratories, Kilifi, Kenya).
- Professor Kathryn Maitland (Imperial College, UK and KEMRI-Wellcome Laboratories, Kilifi, Kenya).
- Dr Peter Olupot-Olupot (Mbale Hospital, Uganda).
- Professor Chris Plowe, University of Maryland, USA.
- Professor Ogo Doumbo, University of Bamako, Mali.
- Professor Kevin Marsh, KEMRI-Wellcome Laboratories, Kilifi, Kenya.
- Dr Peter Bull, KEMRI-Wellcome Laboratories, Kilifi, Kenya.