Professor J. Alexandra Rowe
Location: Room 4.59, Ashworth 3.
University of Edinburgh (1998 – current)
- Personal Chair in Molecular Medicine 2009
- Renewal of Wellcome Senior Research Fellowship in Basic Biomedical Science (2008 – 2013)
- Wellcome Senior Research Fellow in Basic Biomedical Science (2002 – 2008)
- Wellcome Research Career Development Fellow (1998 – 2002)
University of Oxford (1997 – 1998)
- Postdoctoral fellow in Professor Chris Newbold's laboratory (Wellcome International Prize Travelling Research Fellowship).
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA (1995 – 1997)
- Postdoctoral fellow in Dr Louis Miller's laboratory. (Wellcome International Prize Travelling Research Fellowship)
University of Oxford (1991 – 1995)
- Graduate student in Professor Chris Newbold's laboratory.
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, St Mary's Hospital, London, UK (1990 – 1991).
- Research assistant in Dr Fritz Propst’s laboratory.
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK (1989 – 1990)
- House officer in general medicine, neurology and orthopaedic surgery.
Papua New Guinea Institute of Medical Research, Madang and Goroka, Papua New Guinea (1987 – 1988).
- Research assistant.
- December 2002 – April 2003. Maternity leave.
Since returning from maternity leave I have worked part-time (80% FTE from 2003–2013).
- D. Phil. (University of Oxford 1995)
- M.B. Ch.B. (University of Sheffield 1989)